Who’s in the House? Recent Moves by General Counsel, Legal Officers, and Corporate Leaders
Chief Legal Officers / General Counsel
- Arocles Aguilar named General Counsel of California Public Utilities Commission.
Aguilar, who is replacing an interim general counsel, will lead the PUC’s legal division, which represents the agency in proceedings dealing with rates, safety and other matters. [Source]
- Arthur R. Block promoted to Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary of Comcast Corporation.
Mr. Block previously served as Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary of Comcast. Art reports to David L. Cohen, Executive Vice President of Comcast Corporation. [Source]
- James Moriarty named Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary of Chesapeake Utilities Corporation.
Mr. Moriarty has over 25 years of experience representing leading companies on diverse energy projects. Previously, Mr. Moriarty was a Partner at Locke Lord LLP and Fulbright & Jaworski, LLP, both international law firms with offices in Washington, D.C. [Source]
- Andrew Morris hired as Temporary Attorney of The North Tahoe Public Utility District.
Morris serves as attorney for the towns of Truckee and Mammoth Lakes and will fill the role while the board of directors searches for a new general counsel. [Source]
- Rhonda Parish was appointed Chief Legal Officer of Ruby Tuesday Inc.
Parish has more than 30 years of experience in retail and restaurant industries. She most recently served as the chief legal officer of Einstein Noah Restaurant Group in Lakewood, Colo., and has held a number of executive positions, including assistant general counsel at Wal-Mart Stores Inc. in Bentonville, Ark. [Source]
- Charles S. Ryan named General Counsel of Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory (CSHL).
Ryan is former Senior Vice President & Chief Intellectual Property Counsel at Forest Laboratories Inc. [Source]
- David Wolmer promoted to General Counsel of Levine Leichtman Capital Partners.
Mr. Wolmer has been at LLCP for over 7 years. He is involved in all legal aspects of the investment process. [Source]
- Tyler Bredthauer joined Prestige as the company’s first Compliance Officer.
Bredthauer worked at the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation as a financial institutions examiner before joining Prestige last month, confirmed CFO Aaron Dalton. [Source]
– Gina Ponticello
Got in-house news I can publish in the weekly column? Email me directly – thank you…