Overview of U.S. Immigration Law & Procedures for Employers
In This Presentation:
– Government Agencies Involved
– Terms & Definitions
– U.S. Citizens
– Lawful Permanent Residents
(Immigrants or “Green Card” Holders)
– Paths to Permanent Residency
– Employment-Based (EB) Categories
– Process Overview
– Step 1: Labor Certification
– Step 2: Immigrant Petition
– Step 3: AOS or Consular Processing
– June 2014 Visa Bulletin
– Visitor Visas
– F-1 Students
– J-1 Exchange Visitor
– H-1B Worker
– H-1B Cap
– H-1B Cap FY 2015
– L-1 Intracompany Transferee
– TN NAFTA
– E-1 (Treaty Trader), E-2 (Investor),
E-3(Australian Professional Worker)
– Compliance & Enforcement
Excerpt from Government Agencies Involved:
– Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
..U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS)
..U.S. Immigration & Customs Enforcement (USICE)
..U.S. Customs & Border Protection (USCBP)
Please see full Presentation below for more information.
Firefox recommends the PDF Plugin for Mac OS X for viewing PDF documents in your browser.
We can also show you Legal Updates using the Google Viewer; however, you will need to be logged into Google Docs to view them.
Please choose one of the above to proceed!
LOADING PDF: If there are any problems, click here to download the file.