CFPB announces senior leadership change and new hires and new advisory board and council members
The CFPB has announced a senior leadership change and two new new hires. It also announced new appointments to its Consumer Advisory Board, Community Bank Advisory Council, and Credit Union Advisory Council.
The CFPB announced the following senior leadership change and new hires:
- Will Wade-Gery will serve as the Assistant Director for Card and Payments Markets. Since January, Mr. Wade-Gery has been serving in the same position as the acting Assistant Director. He previously served as CFPB Senior Counselor on the Card and Payments Markets team. Mr. Wade-Gery is in charge of the CFPB’s ongoing arbitration study mandated by Section 1028 of Dodd-Frank.
- Patricia McClung has joined the CFPB as Assistant Director for Mortgage Markets. Ms. McClung previously worked at the Federal Housing Administration as a senior housing policy advisor. Before joining the FHA, Ms. McClung worked at Realtors Property Resource, a technology subsidiary of National Association of Realtors. The majority of Ms. McClung’s career was spent at Freddie Mac where she held numerous positions throughout the agency.
- Janneke Ratcliffe has joined the CFPB as Assistant Director for Financial Education. Ms. Ratcliffe previously served as Executive Director at the Center for Community Capital, at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. In that role, she examined how people and communities utilize financial services. She was also a Senior Fellow at the Center for American Progress. Before serving at UNC, Ms. Ratcliffe worked at Self-Help Ventures Fund, a community development institution, and also worked at GE Capital in mortgage and mortgage insurance.
The CFPB announced the new advisory board and council members listed below. The new Consumer Advisory Board members will serve three-year terms and the new members of the Community Bank and Credit Union Advisory Councils will serve two-year terms.
Consumer Advisory Board:
- Ann Baddour, Senior Policy Analyst, Texas Appleseed, Austin, Texas
- Julie Gugin, Executive Director, Minnesota Homeownership Center, St. Paul, Minn.
- Brian Longe, Chief Executive Officer, Wolters Kluwer Financial & Compliance Services, Minneapolis, Minn.
- Joann Needleman, Vice President, Maurice & Needleman, P.C., Flemington, N.J. (We know and have high respect for Ms. Needleman who recently presented on one of our Ballard Spahr webinars.)
- J. Patrick O’Shaughnessy, President and Chief Executive Officer, Advance America Inc., Spartanburg, S.C.
- Gene Spencer, Senior Vice President, Stakeholder Engagement, Policy and Research, Homeownership Preservation Foundation, Minneapolis, Minn.
- James Van Dyke, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Javelin Strategy & Research LLC, Pleasanton, Calif.
Community Bank Advisory Council:
- Angela Beilke, Vice President, Mortgage Department, American Bank & Trust, Davenport, Iowa
- Michael Gallagher, Senior Vice President, Risk Management Director, Enterprise Bank & Trust Company, Lowell, Mass.
- Paul Mackin, President and Chief Executive Officer, Think Mutual Bank, Rochester, Minn.
- Lynda Messick, President and Chief Executive Officer, Community Bank Delaware, Lewes, Del.
- John Motley, President, Colonial Savings, Fort Worth, Texas
- David Reiling, Chief Executive Officer, Sunrise Banks, Minneapolis, Minn.
- Monica Thomas, Executive Vice President, Illinois Service Federal, Chicago, Ill.
- Christopher Triplett, President, Chief Executive Officer and Chief Financial Officer, Newport Federal Bank, Newport, Tenn.
- Kathryn Underwood, President and Chief Executive Officer, Ledyard National Bank, Hanover, N.H.
Credit Union Advisory Council:
- Robert Falk, President and Chief Executive Officer, Purdue Federal Credit Union, West Lafayette, Ind.
- Jason Lee, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, Orion Federal Credit Union, Memphis, Tenn.
- Robin Loftus, Chief Operating Officer, Heartland Credit Union, Springfield, Ill.
- James McDaniel, President and Chief Executive Officer, Heritage Trust Federal Credit Union, Charleston, S.C.
- Robin Romano, Chief Executive Officer, MariSol Federal Credit Union, Phoenix, Ariz.
- Ronald Scott, President and Chief Executive Officer, Appalachian Community FCU, Rogersville, Tenn.
- David Seely, President and Chief Executive Officer, Kirtland Federal Credit Union, Albuquerque, N.M.
- John Winne, President and Chief Executive Officer, Boston Firefighters Credit Union, Boston, Mass.