Nano Community Members Can Benefit from Membership in the Sustainable Nanotechnology Organization
Membership in the Sustainable Nanotechnology Organization (SNO) offers a number of benefits to members of the nano community. As a member of the Governing Board, I strongly recommend that you consider joining and become part of the SNO family.
SNO’s purpose is to provide a professional society forum to advance knowledge in all aspects of sustainable nanotechnology, including both applications and implications. SNO is comprised of individuals and institutions that are engaged in:
- Research and development of sustainable nanotechnology;
- Implications of nanotechnology for environment, health, and safety (EHS);
- Advances in nanoscience, methods, protocols, and metrology;
- Education and understanding of sustainable nanotechnology; and
- Applications of nanotechnology for sustainability.
As SNO is a non-profit, membership fees are tax-deductible. New membership fees will be good for the November 8-10, 2015, conference, to be held in Portland, Oregon. Technical sessions will be held concerning sustainable nanotechnology in industrial systems; food systems; governance systems; water systems; material use and waste management systems; “natural” ecosystems; social systems; energy systems; health systems; transportation systems; urban systems; and information technology systems.